Saturday, October 31, 2015

Whole 30 Day 5




According to The Whole 30  I'm in the Kill All Things stage of the program.  But I'm not feeling it.

I'm not overly energetic, but I feel good.  I noticed a difference in my yoga practice this morning.  At the beginning of the week I could barely find my toes.

I hurt.  Everywhere.

We don't need to talk about the IBS



Today, I can not only find my toes, I can bow down to them.

4 days with no grains, dairy, sugar, legumes or additives of any sort and I notice a big physical difference.  Inside and out.

I feel pretty good about this.  

I don't feel pretty good about being hungry.  Really hungry.  

Like I may just have to keep on holding myself in this position to keep from eating, sort of hungry.  

Like I deserve at least 6 meals today, sort of hungry.  

But I don't have any meals planned.  And that's a problem.  


 Having a plan, having a few things in the freezer even, made the first few days a breeze.

I've been eating well.  Very well.  Hunger hasn't been an issue.

Until today.

For lunch I'd have Carrot soup

(I KNOW this is better with butter, but for 30 days, butter can be sacrificed for some other oil.  I'm sorry butter.  I promise to get back to you soon.
The white swirl on top is coconut cream.  Yum. )









And (left over) roast chicken on a bed of greens drizzled with Red Pepper Sauce (you'll have to buy the book for this one, I can't find it online).



 I tried those Sausage Bangers with Sweet potato and caramelized onions I told you about.  They were OK.  Not great, but OK.  If I make it again, I'll be more patient caramelizing the onions and maybe bbq the sausage patties rather than doing them in the oven.
 I've enjoyed  Spinach and Beef Curry for breakfast and lunch (not on the same day).  It needed some more vegetables so today I added some zucchini.




I made it through a Friday night without pizza.  Or wine.  Or popcorn.

This is a small miracle.


And I hold on to that miracle as I stare forlornly in my fridge now at wilted carrots and some chicken broth.

Somehow tonight's dinner needs to be more enticing than Hallowe'en treats.  And when I say "tonight's dinner", that might just be plural.

2 comments:

  1. If your carrot soup tastes as good as your squash soup, you should share the recipes. I am almost persuaded when I see your improved flexibility. That is an amazing difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do. Those are links. But um... I think I actually goofed with the carrot soup link. The one I like best is this one: https://dispatchesfromthegypsyroller.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/roasted-carrot-ginger-and-coconut-milk-soup/

    ReplyDelete